Thinking of Buying?
We understand the relationship between home buyers and Agents must be based on trust, mutual goals and understanding, this is why we always keep your interests first and foremost. The real estate process requires negotiation of complex issues; we are committed to working in your best interests. We will help you secure the best possible price, with the most favorable terms, in the shortest period of time.
When searching for your dream home, its important to be well informed of the Real Estate market. To help you with this process, consider the following factors: What features do you require in a home to satisfy your lifestyle now? Five years from now? Will your needs change? Whats your budget? These are decisions only you can make, but we will do everything possible to match you with your dream home.
Step-by-Step Buyer Process
- Contact your sales representative
- Conduct an in-depth qualifying analysis to:
- Determine the price range on the property that would suit you, the buyer
- Help you pre-qualify for mortgage financing
- Estimate closing costs
- Review the Agreement of Purchase and Sale form and sample offer
- Discuss negotiation of an offer
- Review the features and amenities you desire in a home
- Obtain mortgage pre-approval
- Select the most desirable properties in your price range selected from our extensive inventory of available properties
- Pre-selection process for desired home and arrange for showings:
- Show properties and obtain feedback from buyer
- When you have selected the home you want to own, we prepare and Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- Deposit Cheque: Upon Acceptance of the offer you will have 24 hours to provide a bank draft or certified cheque to the listing brokerage. Discuss the amount with the agent as you should have access to these funds while looking
- Engage in the process of negotiations with the seller (sign-backs, change of terms)
- When the Agreement on Purchase and Sale is accepted by the seller, the property is sold conditionally
- Monitor all conditions to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Copies of Agreement of Purchase and Sale go to the buyer’s and seller’s lawyers.
- If a mortgage is required, we can assist in the mortgage application and approval process up to obtaining a mortgage commitment from the lending institution.
- When the transaction becomes a binding agreement, the Buyer’s lawyer searches title to determine:
- Outstanding work orders issued by the municipality.
- An accurate description of the lawful use of the property.
- Restrictions as to the ability to insure the property.
- Encumbrances, liens, easements, restrictions, encroachments or other claims registered on title (eg. Undisclosed mortgages, rights-of-way, etc.)
- Buyer’s lawyer makes requisitions to the Seller’s lawyer within the predetermined date set out in the Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
- Buyer’s lawyer verifies financing commitment with the lending institution.
- When all searches are satisfied, the lawyer arranges with the lenders for the transfer of funds.
- Buyer arranges insurance coverage three weeks before the closing date and sets up utility accounts
- Buyer’s lawyer contacts the utility companies and the tax department to determine amounts, if any, in arrears for closing adjustments.
- Buyer and Seller meet with their respective lawyers to review and sign closing documents (mortgages, deeds, declarations, undertaking, etc.)
- On the closing date, lawyers for both parties exchange documents, funds and register all documents on title with the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia.
- On possession date, both Buyer’s and Seller’s Realtors exchange keys and the keys are given to the Buyer.